Regular Meeting of Board of Education
Carmi-White County Community Unit District No. 5
Jefferson Attendance Center (new building)
Monday, April 24, 2017, 7:00pm
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Call to Order and Roll Call.
3. Appointment of an Acting Secretary to record minutes of the meeting.
4. Approve Consent Agenda:
A. Minutes of March 20, 2017 regular board meeting
B. Support Staff Retirement
C. Final Action on Revision to Board Policies 6:15, 6:50, 6:60, 6:145, 6:160, 6:170, 6:310, 6:340, 7:15, 7:60, 7:70, 7:260, 7:305 and 8:70
D. Final Action on Adoption of Board Policies 7:310 and 7:315
E. Leave of Absence Request
5. Approve Bills.
6. Approve Treasurer's Report.
7. Public Communications with the Board.
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC COMMENTS CONCERNING PERSONNEL OF THE DISTRICT SHOULD BE MADE IN CLOSED SESSIONS OF THE BOARD.
8. Superintendent's Report to the Board and Communications.
9. Special Board Meeting Notice.
10. Approve bid for Jefferson Roof Replacement and Repairs.
11. Approve bid for High School Track Resurfacing and Repairs.
12. 1:1 Technology.
13. Consideration and action upon a proposal by Bulldog Boosters, Inc. to construct a concession stand and restrooms on the west end of the football/track complex.
14. Student Safety and Protection Plan. (consideration and possible action on a Resolution)
15. Closed Session (Personnel).
16. Action Following Closed Session.
A. Consideration and action upon the employment of a High School Vocational Education Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
B. Consideration and action upon the employment or reassignment of an Elementary Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
C. Consideration and action upon the employment of the High School Boys/Girls Golf Coach for the 2017-2018 school year.